[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Re: [gpca-forum] Cheri Honkala in San Jose, Sun. 10/21, 6-8 pm -- FIGHTING FOR OUR FUTU RE

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 19 15:14:38 PDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [gpca-forum] Cheri Honkala in San Jose, Sun. 10/21, 6-8 pm
-- FIGHTING FOR OUR FUTU RE
Date: 	Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:58:16 -0700
From: 	<barry at hermansons.com>
To: 	Valerie D. Face <vdf at juno.com>, gpca-forum at cagreens.org

Hopefully, someone will brief Cheri about the Prop D campaign to
increase the minimum wage in San Jose.  If voters approve it, 40,000
workers will see an increase in pay. Members of the San Jose Chamber of
Commerce have pledged to spend $1.5 million to defeat the initiative.
Prop D is an important step towards increasing the minimum wage statewide.

I am hosting a fund raising party for the Prop D campaign at the same
time - Sunday, October 21st from 6 to 7:30.  Assemblyman Tom Ammiano and
SF Supervisor John Avalos will be attending.  Let me know if you would
like to attend or need more information.

Barry Hermanson
2467 28th Avenue
San Francisco, CA  94116
415-664-7754