[GPSCC-chat] FW: Help Democracy Now! Expand the Debate this Election Year

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 22:56:03 PDT 2012

Help spread the word about Amy's debate enhancements so she knows people
are watching and they care.

Most of us are pretty maxed out for contributions this election season, but a
nominal contrib would send thanks.  If every Green in CA gave $5 that would
be half a million dollars!  Do your bit.

Dear Friend,

		For this week's final U.S. Presidential debate Democracy Now! expanded the debate to bring you the voices of excluded third party candidates.

		If you weren’t able to tune in, visit our website where you can watch the full broadcast or watch the highlights that we aired on Tuesday's broadcast.

		Democracy Now! aired the Obama-Romney debate and
paused after questions to include the responses from third-party
candidates Jill Stein of the Green Party and Rocky Anderson of the
Justice Party.  We know that you deserve to hear the perspectives of all candidates on the ballot this election season.

		This new approach to the nation’s debate format was made possible by support from dedicated viewers and listeners like you.

		Click here to donate today and make this critical election coverage possible.  Your donation today will
 support more groundbreaking coverage this election year, including our
special election night broadcast on November 6th.  We'll be reporting
live for six hours that night — breaking the sound barrier from the
front lines of this historic election.

		Programming like this in an election year is critical.

		Democracy Now! believes that you deserve to hear all of the voices and perspectives available during this landmark campaign – the first Presidential election since the Citizens United decision gave corporations free rein to influence elections with a flood of cash.

		If you think it’s important for Americans to think about social and
 economic issues the Republican and Democratic candidates won’t touch, please donate today.

		We’re committed to Expanding the Debate in the weeks remaining
before voters cast their ballots in the 2012 Election. We believe in the
 voice of the Silenced Majority. Robust debate on the critical issues of
 the day only strengthens democracy.

		Click here to donate today and give voice to the Silenced Majority.

		Please mark your calendar and be sure to tune in to Democracy Now! for our special live election night coverage on Tuesday, November 6th.

		We need your financial support to keep Expanding the Debate in the weeks leading up to the election.

		Donate online today — and share this email with your friends who care about independent media!

		Or mail your donation to:

		Democracy Now!

		207 West 25th Street, 11th floor

		New York, NY 10001

		Or call us at (888) 999-3877 (toll free within the U.S.) or 212-431-9090.

		Your financial support, story ideas and activism sustain our work.
Thank you for making Democracy Now! what it is today, and what it can be
 tomorrow.

												Democracy Now!

												Amy Goodman

Share this email with a friend today!