[GPSCC-chat] Notes from Honkala at Debug in San Jose

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 00:28:43 PDT 2012

She's running despite her
personal baggage to raise issues not addressed in the national
discussion:
* the high incarceration
rate among African-Americans

* the prison-industrial
complex
* the school-prison
pipeline

* Obama's deporting of
immigrants at the highest rate in history

* the number of people
dying every day for lack of healthcare.

If people knew what was
going on in this room everything would change.  There's a news
blackout. Her future is either the Green House or the penitentiary.
Be afraid.  Though 3.2 million supporters
will vote for Stein and
Hongkala, they were whisked away to a secret warehouse for hours,
attended
by 13 cops and 3 secret service agents.  The place was all
set up with crowd barriers for mass
arrests that never happened.

Stop locking people up for
economic issues.  Legalize pot. Bring the troops home, teach them to
be
organic farmers.  The day after the election will be the awakening
for the Greens and Occupiers when everyone realizes it will only
continue downhill.

After 25 years and 200
arrests she realized that we must break the abusive relationship with
the
Democrats to get serious, to build a new future.  Most countries
in the world have 5 or 10 political
parties.  We're stuck with 2,
both controlled by corporations.  To make something happen join the
party and make it as you want it.

She plans mass pardons,
legalization of marijuana, rehabilitation instead of incarceration.
In Philadelphia, people with drug and alcohol problems are given one
sink or swim shot at a 28-day
program.  Tens of thousands have been
taken off general assistance.  In 2 days 10 people were
shot.   We
need to change who's in charge.  People fake suicide attempts because
it's the only way
they can get treatment to get off drugs.

Elected officials act only
when activists force them to.  Running for office is painful, but
most
people are only influenced through elections.  She'll choose
political effectiveness over political
correctness and deal with
people where they're at.

The answer to foreclosure
is for its victims to stay in their homes.  What if a million
families
stayed in their foreclosed homes?  Fight for a moratorium on
foreclosures.  Fighting in the streets will be more effective than
fighting in the courts and the legislature.  Organize
families into
local groups.

Green jobs are
necessary--we need to feed and house an army.

To improve messaging we
need to get the word "sustainability" in front of  people,
need to use social media, art, and culture and exploit the talents of
young people who can break
messages down and speak directly and "make
it plain".

Policies of  legalized
indefinite detention and executive killing threaten all of us.  Many
dictators first go after strong women by targeting their children.
The billions in the war
on terror are not being spent to protect us
from terrorists--they are being used against us.  But people are
coming to life.  In the next four years there will be  social
explosions, and let's hope they are organized so they can be
positive.  She's new to the Green
Party, but
she brings in a lot of friends who are also new.  Of
course none of them have $1.95.

Forgive student loans.
With half the military budget we can rebuild the world.

For the next four years,
let's talk YOU into running.  They've raised the Green Party profile
and now are looking for candidates across the country.  We need voter
registration drives,
and Green visibility at all home takeovers and
pipelines.  We need to demonstrate our differences with Democrats by
going to jail.

For single moms,
healthcare is a luxury.  Jill Stein got tired of practicing two tiers
of health care.  Her books are about holistic health and
environmental issues relating oppressing people of color.  I'll teach
the foodies to go to jail, and they'll teach me to eat blueberries.
Both are good ideas.   In this insane world staying mentally healthy
is hard work.  She uses spirituality and affirmations.  Try to be
happy on the inside, loving yourself and others.

Foreign policy:  close
military bases, Israel is not God, stop the violence happening to
Palestinians--the detentions, the killing, the starving.  There is no
need for war anywhere.  People around the world should work out their
own conflicts.  In the Green House they will
have a Cabinet
Department of Peace run by indigenous leaders.  We differ from the
Democrats in terms of not trying to be meaner.  Control should be by
communities through
participatory decision-making globally.  Teach
conflict resolution, and model that with
cooperative institutions and
living in community.

Quit deporting people.
Residents have a right to healthcare.  Foreclosure moratorium.
Stop
bailing out banks.  Fire everyone in Congress who works for Wall
Street.  Get the
money out of politics.  Develop local land trusts
under community control to decide
whether Wal-Mart or Debug should
inhabit them. Sandy Perry proposed organizing around foreclosure.

Get rid of money in
politics, fire Wall Street, that levels the playing field.  The
Democrats and Republicans are content to see who can cut the deficit,
who can be toughest in foreign-policy.  Our goal is not to be
bipartisan.  We will not participate in war.  We will
not participate
in killing mother earth. We refuse to proceed from assumptions of
scarcity.

You don't have to worry
about voting Green in California.  You can go to sleep loving
yourself.  We can send a strong message.

###