[GPSCC-chat] GPSCC CC email list

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Thu Sep 27 08:44:47 PDT 2012

The list owner can set that.  It's six right now.

  http://lists.cagreens.org/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/sosfbay-discuss/privacy/recipient
  http://lists.cagreens.org/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/sosfbay-discuss/?VARHELP=privacy/recipient/max_num_recipients

or see
"Ceiling on acceptable number of recipients for a posting."
here
http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-administration-v2.html

This is a defense against an attack we used to see quite a lot in the
internicene feuding among the Greens.  People would include one of our
lists in a large set of recipients pulled carelessly out of their
address book.  One of the (often non-Green) recips would flame back (at
Reply-to All) and of course his message would be rejected.  But the
original poster would reply to the flame, and that would be posted, and
you'd get a voluminous bad vibes email string.  Someone coupled
grns-usa-forum to a Nation magazine discuss list and the noise went on
for a couple of weeks, and at least 20% of the members unsubscribed from
grns-usa-forum.