[GPSCC-chat] Notes: GPSCC Gen. Meeting Sept 27 2012

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 06:17:00 PDT 2012

Notes for Green Party Santa Clara General Meeting, Sept 27 2012 @ SJ Peace & Justice Center

John Theilking, Andrea Dorey, Pam Vavra, Jim Doyle, Merriam Kathaleen, Shamako Noble, Sandy Perry, Drew Johnson

+ 7:40 Meeting began.

+ Facilitator: Jim Doyle; note taker: Drew Johnson; Time Keeper: John Theilking vibes watcher: (unfilled) and agenda preparer for next meeting: (unfilled) - 5m

+ Introductions and announcements. Changes to agenda. - 25m
Pam Vavra has just moved here for Santa Clara U Law School from Oregon where she was an active member of the Pacific Greens
Shamako Noble is active with the Jill Stein campaign and a rap artist. He performed
Treasurer's report and hat passing. Jim Doyle
Sandy Perry, minister with CHAM Deliverance Ministry, Low Income Self Help Center and Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign

+ Treasurer's Report (Jim Doyle) 10m
Current treasury: $1699.25
Ordering more Green Pages, Tote Bags, Jill Stein TShirts (need more L, XL, 2X)

+ Ratify John Thielking as a County Councilor
Affirmed

+ Jill Stein after event report (Merriam Kathaleen)
Great coalitional effort, Merriam put together event and served as mistress of ceremony, most successful, Shamako did rap performance, Valerie did publicity and calling,  lynn huidekoper and Sandy Perry had idea originally.
Result: Great success - most successful Green Party even in many years. Significant media attended, Mercury article. At least $1325 raised for Jill Stein
Ellie from Saratoga High volunteered, up to 140 people attending.
There are approximately 4100 Greens in county
questions about how Merc photo didn't show crowd, but Lib candidate did

+ Foreclosure Summit--Spencer et al (Merriam, John, Drew) 5m
37 people (or more) showed
publicity could be better
David Merrit, plaintiff vs ban
CJ Holmes
foreclosure attorney
Spencer Graves
organizing energy for ongoing campaign
(foreclosure town hall + single payer)

+ Holistic Arts Fair (Merriam) 5m
Eric Meese (Green) organizer 22, 23
outreach event

+ Report on 9to5 Regional conference Jim Doyle and Merriam (10m)
Union Hall, Jim was impressed with the approach. Employment discrimination against women, labor rights lawyer, low income assistance rollbacks and barriers, wage theft. Small group discussion, leverage point, action oriented. Truancy fines used for funding schools - slogan. Allies.Research topics and follow up meeting. potential speaker identified - Jim will approach
Latina domestic workers Worker Bill of Rights
Sally Lieber

+ Putting our proposition recommendations on our website
30--yes
31--no
32--no
33--no
34--yes
35--no position
36--yes
37--yes
38--no
39--yes
40--yes
We will add to website. Merriam will send Spencer an email about it.

+ Peace Fair. Meeting is October 4, 5:30-6:30 at the Peace and Justice Center.
John will represent the GPSCC

+ New literature: (Jim) 5m
we have new literature about health care in Spanish and Vietnamese. We will also be getting new Green Pages.
Andrea will take some literature to contacts
Council will discuss organizing material better
Andrea provided trifold on study re: electric v petroleum vehicles

+ Jill Stein gear (Jim)
6 tshirts left. Reorder 12 (in L, XL, 2XL)
50 buttons

+ Discussion of having Cheri Honkala hip hop rally on Oct 17th (Shamako, Merriam)
Low Income Self Help Center, Silicon Valley Debug and Hip Hop for Justice

Meeting called: Jim Doyle's Tues Oct 2nd 7:30pm 1668 Nora Way San Jose, near camden and 85 (bus #65)

Jill Stein House parties (Jim) : Show Bill Moyers w/ Dr. Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala
Drew

Adjourned 9:45

~*~*~*~
Jill Stein for President -- A Green New Deal for America
Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
    First TV ad:  http://youtu.be/vaObRxkX8K4

~*~*~*~