[GPSCC-chat] Vigorous Climate Activism

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 16:19:50 PDT 2013

Since we have decided to focus in our county on activism on the Climate Heating (and Medicare for All / SinglePayer) issue(s) here's an interesting resource I think we might want to connect with:

Peaceful Uprising

Empowering a Livable Future Through Nonviolent Action

http://www.peacefuluprising.org/about

How I heard about them:  KALW's program Your Call did a segment today called
"What Happens When People Challenge U.S. Government's Power Structure" (they also highlighted how the U.S. Gov. is being manipulated/controlled by big corporations -- in this case Big Energy.

You can listen to it at:

http://www.kalw.org/post/today-your-call-what-happens-when-people-challenge-us-government-s-power-structure

On Your Call, we’ll speak with filmmakers Beth and George Gage
about the documentary film Bidder 70, which tells the story of Tim
DeChristopher. In 2008, he derailed the Bush administration's Oil and
Gas lease auction. After bidding $1.7 M, he won 22,000 acres of land
with no intention to pay or drill. He will be released from jail soon
after serving 18 months. How should power be challenged? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.

~*~*~*~
Jill Stein for President -- A Green New Deal for America
Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
Climate Voter Power Pledge: http://www.jillstein.org/dc_climate_protests
     First TV Ad http://tinyurl.com/JillStein1stAd