[GPSCC-chat] FW: Dark money in California

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 3 17:14:10 PDT 2013

Subject: Re: Dark money in California
To: snug.bug at hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 14:30:23 -0700
From: noreply at list.signon.org

Brian,

The grassroots momentum to expose secret money in California elections has been outstanding -- more than 5,000 of your fellow Californians have stepped up and signed our petition to state senators.

Now we have to keep it going. Advocates are beginning to meet with key legislators later this week to ask them to support the California DISCLOSE Act, and the issue will be taken up in Senate committees in the next few weeks.

Every name added to this petition puts more pressure on state senators to do the right thing and bring dark money in California elections out of the shadows.

If you haven't already, will you add your voice to the more than 5,000 Californians who have already spoken out, and help our petition reach 10,000 names this week?

Join the California Clean Money Campaign and Progressives United, and sign the petition telling your senator to support the California DISCLOSE Act today.

The California DISCLOSE Act (Senate Bill 52) is our best chance in a long time to root out the influence that anonymous, massive contributions from wealthy individual and corporate interests wield in state politics.

The bill would force greater transparency in elections by ensuring that groups running ads display their top donors on the ads themselves.

The legislation came within just one vote of passage last year. We can push it all the way in 2013, but we must be organized better, and earlier.

You've already shown a commitment to this fundamental reform. If you haven't signed onto the fight this year, now is the time to act.

Sign the petition from reform groups Progressives United and the California Clean Money Campaign.

Thank you for stepping up again in this important fight.

And thank you for uniting as a progressive,

Russ Feingold
Founder
Progressives United

P.S. - If you've already signed this petition, forward this email to your contacts, and share the petition on Facebook with your friends and family.

This message was sent to Brian Good
by Russ Feingold from the SignOn.org
system.

MoveOn.org Civic Action sponsors SignOn.org,
but does not endorse specific campaigns or the contents of this message.

To unsubscribe or report this email as inappropriate, click here:
http://www.signon.org/unsub.html?i=11007-2615048-7O98VJ