[GPSCC-chat] FW: [council] Help Us Pass the CA DISCLOSE Act

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 17:29:37 PDT 2013

If, as Lessig says, Campaign Finance is the first issue, then the CA DISCLOSE
act is even firstier.  The next six weeks will tell the tale.  If SB52 requiring the
 funders of political ads to identify themselves on the ads gets 2/3, it will
go the the Governor's desk in the fall and be in effect next year.

If it only gets a majority, then it will go on the ballot next year as a proposition,
and then the Clean Money campaign will have to waste its energies campaigning
for an issue 80% of the voters already support, and we'll have to battle lying
propaganda attack ads when we do it.

Please help us get it passed this spring, and then we can move on to bigger and
better campaign finance reform work next year!

Brian