[GPSCC-chat] Critique of an agenda item

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Wed Apr 24 21:17:15 PDT 2013

The following are just my opinions -- FWIW --  Warner

In a message dated 4/24/2013 1:53:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
perrysandy at aol.com writes:

a discussion of the next steps for the single payer health care movement,
upcoming activities, role of the Green Party in building the movement and
how  we can work in the movement more effectively to build the Green Party.
TIME: 30 MINUTES.

To my thinking this is an excessively broadly framed  discussion.  I don't
believe that the GPSCC has agreed to take on or other  wise be responsible
for the entire "single payer health care movement".  To  do so would seem to
be hugely arrogant and cosmically beyond the relatively  meager GPSCC
participants' time/energies -- notwithstanding members who are  already involved
in the local county health care for all chapter.

The term "Green Party" likewise is overly broad.  Is a  member of the
California Delegation to the GPUS or some other GPUS officer or  committee member
expected to attend our meeting to represent and discuss  the activities of
the national Green Party?  Is there someone from the GPCA  Coordinating
Committee or Green Issues Working Group expected to attend?   Isn't our
self-acknowledged role as a progressive political party to be  supportive rather
than directive?

Again, use of the word "movement" without qualification seems  overly broad
and poorly framed.  How are we expecting ourselves to have  responsibility
for the whole "movement" -- whatever that means.

30 MINUTES...  30 MINUTES!!!!????  There  is no concrete proposal; just an
invitation for more meandering undirected  conversation.  Isn't this
something a committee can be created for  people who want to have an extended
conversation to develop a clear proposal for  action(s) that GPSCC participants
could practically accomplish and  bring to a meeting as a clear and doable
proposal?.

-- Warner