[GPSCC-chat] Critique of an agenda item

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Thu Apr 25 15:55:59 PDT 2013

Thank you for your clarifications, Drew. You are right that I was referring to GPSCC. You are also right about what I meant by the term "movement". My intention was not to ask the GPSCC to take on the movement, run the movement, or in any way be responsible for the movement. My intention was for us to BETTER UNDERSTAND the movement, its next steps, strategy, etc. so we could plan OUR activity within it. Our activity within the single payer movement should consist of participating in it to make it stronger, and on that basis to step by step urge it to break from the Democratic Party and embrace independent politics like that of the Greens.

If we have a good discussion with the three guests during the 7:00 to 7:30 time period, I believe we could then wrap up the agenda point on what we (GPSCC) should do in our single payer work in about 15 minutes. I will try to have a proposal ready.

Thank you for your work on this, Warner. I am not trying to be a complainer, I am just fighting to make the meetings better to the best of my understanding.

Sandy