[GPSCC-chat] Petition 4 Luis J Rodriguez 4 Governor of California

Drew rainbeaufriend at riseup.net
Tue Dec 17 06:46:05 PST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
From: Edy Alvarez <valleycollegegreens at msn.com>
Sent: Mon Dec 16 23:30:05 PST 2013
To: "gpca-grow at cagreens.org" <gpca-grow at cagreens.org>
Subject: [gpca-grow] Luis J Rodriguez for Governor of California

Dear Supporters:

Under California law, a candidate for governor must obtain the signatures of 10,000 registered voters to avoid paying a hefty filing fee. The signatures must be collected during the eight weeks between December 27, 2013 and February 20, 2014. To meet this challenge WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

  We’re calling this phase of our movement “100 for 200.” To place Luis J. Rodriguez on the ballot for the June, 2014 primary election, we need one hundred volunteers who will each be responsible for obtaining two hundred valid voter signatures on official nominating petitions. Over 8 weeks, that averages out to less than 4 signatures per day per volunteer!!

  We aim to get a total of 20,000 signatures on Rodriguez nominating petitions—twice the number needed! This will send a powerful message about Luis’ grassroots campaign, allow us to withstand challenges and ensure that we have the signatures necessary to make the June, 2014 primary ballot.

  Won’t you help? Here’s how:

  1. Next week, a “100 for 200” Training Video and downloadable guidelines will appear on the campaign website. In addition, we will offer in- person training meetings where possible.

  2. On Friday, December 27, 2013– the first day of the signature gathering phase—official Luis J. Rodriguez nominating petitions for each of California’s 59 counties will be posted on our website at rodriguezforgovernor.org. “100 for 200” volunteers will be able to download, print and begin circulating the petitions. (If volunteers don’t have access to a computer and printer, they may email Campaign Manager Anthony D. Prince at anthonyd.princelaw at yahoo.com and we’ll arrange to provide you with petitions.)

  It is important to remember that “100 for 200” volunteers can only circulate petitions in the same county in which they are registered to vote. For example, if you are registered to vote in Los Angeles County, you may not circulate petitions in Orange County or Ventura County or any other county other than Los Angeles County.

  We’ll contact you later with more detailed information and tell you how, when and where to submit the completed petitions.

  NOW IT’S UP TO YOU!

  To become one of the “100 for 200” please send an email with the following information to Rodriguez Campaign Manager Anthony D. Prince at anthonyd.princelaw at yahoo.com or send the information by regular mail to: “Committee to Elect Luis J. Rodriguez Governor of California 2014”, 716 Orange Grove Avenue, San Fernando, CA, 91340. Please include your full name, street address, date of birth, email address and phone number. (You may also call the Campaign phone number at 818-898-0013 to provide the requested information.)

  All “100 for 200” volunteers will be assigned to county Team Leaders who will be in regular contact with you to monitor the signature gathering, help set goals, instruct you where and when to turn in completed petitions and help with any problems you may have.

  Can’t commit to 200 signatures?? You can still download, sign and circulate petitions because every single signature counts towards the 20,000 signature goal. Just go to the campaign website on or after December 27, 2013, get your petition and get as many valid signatures as you can. We will give you instructions and where and when to turn in the petitions.

“I call on all of our supporters – those who have viewed our website, the 1000+ visitors who have “liked” us on Facebook and the hundreds who have turned out to campaign events in Los Angeles, Fresno, San Francisco, Oakland, Richmond and Santa Rosa to become one of the ‘100 for 200’ and make grassroots movement history in California!”

  –Luis J. Rodriguez

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Luis-Rodriguez-for-California/488092261213336