[GPSCC-chat] Agenda Item For December Meeting

Brian snug.bug at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 16:48:49 PST 2013

I'd like to talk briefly about the Green Apple project.

Announcing the Green Apple!  Sustainable, upgradable, and backward software
compatible, the Green Apple will also be non-toxic, recyclable, and biodegradable.

Unit Sustainability:
*   Modular construction allows users to trade in old CPU, I/0, and video modules
and upgrade to the latest and greatest
*  backward compatibility of software and hardware upgrades means users' expensive
applications are never orphaned
*  Modular construction allows repair by substitution of used parts

Bio-Friendliness and Recyclability:
*  Minimal use of toxic elements
*  Bio-degradable plastic
*  Trade-in modules can be re-used instead of trashed
*  Components have standard interfaces so dead Apples can donate screens, keypads,
and I/O modules to Raspberry hacks

When can you get one?  NEVER--not as long as you keep buying Toxic Apples designed
for disposability and obsolescence.