[GPSCC-chat] Homeless Deaths

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Dec 19 10:34:55 PST 2013

Dear Brian:

       I especially liked, "go kill yourself":  Clearly, you connected
with him.  With luck, he'll be like George Wallace:  In 1963, Wallace
said, "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever".[1]
In the late 1970s, he apologized to African-Americans and actively
sought their votes.  In his last term as governor of Alabama
(1983-1987), he appointed more blacks to public office than any previous
governor.[2]

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

p.s.  The Wikipedia article on George Wallace seems to provide a
balanced summary of his life.  He was never a flaming liberal. However,
he started political life an a fierce racist and ended as an active
supporter of integration, at least in Alabama state government appointed
positions.

[1] Wikipedia, "George Wallace's 1963 Inaugural Address"
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace's_1963_Inaugural_Address)

[2] Wikipedia, "George Wallace"

On 12/18/2013 6:18 PM, Brian wrote:
> I was at Apple at the "Moral Monday" demonstration, passing out the flier.
>
> "Would you like to learn how Apple dodges taxes?"  I'd ask.
>
> If they said "no thanks," I'd turn the flier over and say "Would you
> like to
> know the consequences of Apple dodging taxes?"
>
> Some of them said, "That's OK, I'm fine," and I'd say "You're
> fine--that's not
> in question."
>
> One guy said "Why don't you just go kill yourself?"
>

> > Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:17:36 -0800
> > From: gerrygras at earthlink.net
> > To: sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org
> > Subject: [GPSCC-chat] Homeless Deaths
> >

> > "In The Wealthiest Area Of The Country, 7 Homeless People Have
> Frozen To
> > Death This Winter"
> >
> http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/12/18/3081571/bay-area-homeless-deaths/
> >
> > Gerry