[GPSCC-chat] Documenting Crony Capitalism?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun Feb 3 12:28:15 PST 2013

Hello, All:

       What would you say are the highest profile issues locally,
statewide and nationally?

       I ask, because I just initiated a project for "Documenting crony
capitalism" on Wikiversity (a sister project to Wikipedia; see
"http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Documenting_crony_capitalism"). I want
to prioritize issues and start documenting the different parties
involved in the issue(s) likely to receive the greatest public attention
over the next several months.  This would include whatever we can get
about the money involved in several aspects of the story:

             1.  How much money does the parties stand to gain or lose
in any likely governmental decision?

             2.  How much do they spend on advertising?  (By shifting
their advertising budgets, businesses have threatened the financial
future of otherwise profitable commercial media.)

             3.  How much do they spend on campaign finance?

              4.  How much do they spend on lobbying?

       Is social security likely to be the biggest issue nationally?
What about Santa Clara County?  Public safety?

       After I've got something in this area, I want to start trying to
arrange presentations at different groups to try to recruit volunteers
to help increase both the utility of the information compiled there and
its dissemination.

      Thanks,
      Spencer

--