[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Reminder and Agenda for Coalition Meeting Tuesday Feb. 19 at 7 p.m.

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Sat Feb 16 09:10:00 PST 2013

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Katherine Bock <kbock3 at sbcglobal.net>
To: Katherine Bock <kbock3 at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Fri, February 15, 2013 8:07:58 PM
Subject: Reminder and Agenda for Coalition Meeting Tuesday Feb. 19 at 7 p.m.

Hi,  All,

You are invited to participate in the Santa Clara County Single Payer Healthcare
Coalition Monthly Meeting Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at the Low-Income Self-Help
Center 525 W. Alma,   (parking behind the ARCO) Join in the fight for Heathcare
which is truly comprehensive, affordable and universal.  Everybody In!  Nobody
Out!

https://www.google.com/search?q=525+W.+Alma%2C+San+Jose%2C+Ca+95125&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Agenda

As always, your contribution to the healthy snack table will be greatly
appreciated!

- Welcome and opening question go-around.

-  Report from Shruthi and Swathi about the CaHPSA (California Health
Professional Student Alliance) convention and the rally last Monday. including
report on visits with legislators. (and share stories- others who participated
in either)

-  Discussion efforts finding author of bill   (HAVE YOU CALLED Prospective
Legislators which have been sent around?)

-  Report Campaign from a Healthy CA - Greg

-  Spanish leadership Training- evening of March 15!    (planning group,
Lucinda, Jose, Greg, Sandy, Katherine, Joni, Peg)  and report on ongoing
outreach at Tacos al Carbon.

- BEGIN PLANNING OUR 4TH ANNUAL ANDREW HILL FAIR SLATED FOR  APRIL 13TH  -  we
are the committee tonight   Ongoing committee is Thursday mornings at 10 a.m.
going forward.  You are all welcome to join.   Less than 2 months to prepare.

- Reports on events and outreach we have conducted this month and plans for
upcoming
GOSH, WE ARE AN ACTIVE GROUP.

-  Save Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid Town Hall Meeting - March 15 2 to
4 -       California Alliance for Retired Americans- Greg

- Other items?

-  Other announcements

We hope to see you there.    Our work is cut out for us on so many fronts.
Medicare, Social Security and all of safety net, healthcare, education, housing,
are still under threat from fake budget crisis after crisis.  We must continue
to fight back!   Learn all we can, get involved, love and support one another
and fight back!

Katherine Bock
The Low-Income Self-Help Center
525 W. Alma
San José, CA 95125
(408) 599-4590 cell
phone (408) 977-1275 / fax (408) 977-1650
Co chair Santa Clara County Single Payer Health Care Coalition