[GPSCC-chat] speaker for January meeting

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed Jan 2 03:51:42 PST 2013

Hi, Sandy, et al.:

       What about organizing other events, e.g., panel discussions of
things like Jeff Rosen's proposal to repeal at least part of the refusal
of Santa Clara County to cooperate with ICE in "[in]Secure Communities"?

       Merriam and John organized monthly Movie Nights for a year or
so.  Then Merriam got tired, because she was not getting enough help to
organize them.  We can broaden the focus from just movies to other
topics in local politics, like the recent report in the Mercury News
about the VTA light rail being one of the worst performing in the nation
financially, effectively because it was planned that way!  I want to
know what we can do in the following areas:

             1.  Understand better how the current light rail system was
planned -- including the role of money in making the many decisions that.

              2.  What we can do differently to obtain more citizen
interest and input to reduce the role of money in making so many
decisions like this in the city, county, school board, water district, etc.

       Spencer