[GPSCC-chat] Volunteers for delegates for the statewide Standing General Assembly and Santa Clara County Council?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Jan 17 19:22:29 PST 2013

Hello, All:

	  The Santa Clara Greens could use more people on the County Council
and as representatives for a statewide email Standing General Assembly
(SGA).  We currently have 4 people on the County Council, only 3 of
which are officially signed up for the SGA. We're allowed 5 on the SGA.

	  A call for volunteers is hereby tendered for at least one more person
to serve on the County Council and two more to represent Santa Clara
County on the SGA.  We currently have 4 males on the County Council.
More females would reduce the apparent discrepancy between the current
gender composition of our County Council and our party's commitment to
gender equity.

	  For the past year or so that I've been on the County Council, our
duties have essentially been limited to informal meetings to consider
approving time sensitive issues that can't wait until the next monthly
meeting.  The duties of members of the SGA have been to monitor email
traffic on "gpca-votes at cagreens.org" and do whatever you think is
appropriate.

         For more on this, see the email below -- or ask me.

        Best Wishes,
        Spencer