[GPSCC-chat] Google and Inhofe

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 09:05:17 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry, this is a little late for people who might want to attend the meeting tonight, but I wanted to get it out to the list so everyone knows that this is in the works. We will probably be meeting weekly to plan it over the rest of the summer and early fall. I will also announce this during our July 25 meeting. Anyone who wants to help and/or participate can contact me at perrysandy at aol.com or 408-691-6153.

This will be an important opportunity to rally media attention against the evil practices of many of these corporations, including Google. The main issues will be economic justice and democracy, which are at the heart of Green Party concerns - and without which we cannot make progress on the other overarching issue of our time, saving the human race from planetary destruction.

Sandy Perry

MARCH TOHEAL THE VALLEY - OCTOBER 2013
CHAM Deliverance Ministry invitesyou to join us in planning and organizing a March to Heal the Valley this fall fromone side of Silicon Valley to the other. We plan a pilgrimage of several daysfrom the working class streets of East San Jose to the leafy corporate campusesof the North County. Our goal is to search along the way for the true soul ofSilicon Valley.
Silicon Valley has long andrightly been heralded as a world-class center for innovation. More thananywhere in the country, however, it has also come to symbolize the glaringpolarization of wealth that is destroying America. We will crisscross thediverse neighborhoods and gather the unemployed, the people with little or nohealth care, the disenfranchised, the foreclosed, the underpaid, and all the wonderfulpeople of conscience that live among us right here in our communities. Togetherwe will march to the gates of the wealthiest corporations in the world to seewho will join our campaign for a compassionate economy.
Today’s inequality of wealth is notan act of God. We have introduced technology into an antiquated economic systemwithout fully thinking through the consequences. We have wired ourselvestogether in a seamless digital network, but we continue to act as if we were independententities who can pursue self-interest without concern for the welfare of our sistersand brothers who live next door to us. But we can change this.
Thinking different can mean morethan designing technological advances. This does not create value. We create valuewhen we build up love and dignity in our families and our communities. Wecreate real value when we bind up the wounds of our broken society, withhousing, employment, health care, and well-rounded education for all.
We are not looking for charity. Weare looking to start a dialogue about what can be done to end this desperatepoverty amid a valley that has so much to give.
All we want is justice, democracy,and freedom. True freedom is not a license for any of us to trample on therights of others. It is the opportunity to build a healthy, inclusive societywhere we can all lead joyful and meaningful lives.
What good does it do us if wegain the whole world, but lose our soul?

YOU ARE INVITED TO THE FIRST PLANNING MEETING THIS WEDNESDAY:
TIME: 7:00 PM WEDNESDAY JULY 17 AT 7:00 PM
PLACE: 525 W. ALMA AVENUE, SAN JOSE (ON ALMA ONE HALF BLOCK WEST OFTAMIEN STATION, PARK OFF BELMONT WAY RIGHT BEHIND THE ARCO STATION)