[GPSCC-chat] I'm back.

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sat Jul 27 15:57:16 PDT 2013

Ahnuld does not have exclusive use of that phrase.

I dropped off the local email list for a while primarily because I was
too busy with other things.   However, the closeness of two important
issues has prompted me to return.  They are water and energy.
Specifically, I am very concerned that the entire effort by the Brown
administration to build a pair of tunnels under the Delta to divert
water from it's current use to something else is very troubling.  For a
while I thought that the rationale for such fervent effort was Brown's
desire for legacy as great as his father's.  Now, I am not so sure.  I
know that the South County Democratic Club is taking on the issues of
Delta Water and Fracking as their key environmental efforts for 2014. I
also know that our local state assemblyman, Luis Alejo (Salinas) has
managed to refrain from voting on key fracking related bills.

The Democrats are talking about the probability that the real need for
all of the extra water is to support massive fracking operations in San
Luis Obispo / Monterey counties or expansion of the steam recovery of
oil sludge in Kern county.

It makes sense to me that Santa Clara, Monterey and San Luis Obispo
County Greens should mount an effort to show Green Party leadership on
these issues and to do so in such a manner as to prevent Democrats from
being able to claim this as their own.
--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't,
then you are wasting your time on this Earth" - /Roberto Clemente/