[GPSCC-chat] Water Esports

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sat Jul 27 22:01:59 PDT 2013

I think that people should read this quotation very carefully.  The
writer, David Zeitland, is a well-known, respected expert on the
economics of water.
> Yesterday, I moderated a discussion over "Delta exports" (taking water
> from the environment for farmers), and found people anchored in
> unrealistic positions. The environmentalists, for example, want to
> restore the ecosystem at the same time as exports continue. That
> "cooperative" view is worthless to both sides. Exports need to end if
> California is going to cope with climate change and move to
> sustainable water use. A good share of farmers need to go out of
> business (those without secure water rights already are), and urban
> dwellers need to stop using 800 liters/capita/day. That can happen via
> political fiat or *the process I described three years ago
> <https://exmail.oregonstate.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=vlOAny2MHkyIPlH5LWMFa4A6i9x8XtAIT8R6C0AT_8nQS12POhj7XBf8POovy9uLOa2Wspwch3s.&URL=http%3a%2f%2faguanomics.hosted.phplist.com%2flists%2flt.php%3fid%3dLEUGAwROUAYZAFcC>.*

There are jno easy answers.  There is no easy way out.  The politics
places Big Green non-profits and the Democratic Party arguing for
exactly all the things that DZ ways are "worthlesss".

Shall we all meet at Raging Waters to discuss this? LOL.

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't,
then you are wasting your time on this Earth" - /Roberto Clemente/