[GPSCC-chat] Keystone XL protest

Valerie D. Face vdf at juno.com
Mon Jun 10 22:35:01 PDT 2013

Or just use public transit + walking, like I do!  For me, a combination of walk -> bus -> Caltrain -> BART -> bus will work.

Google's trip planner is a quick and easy way to figure out what works for you:
  1)  go to maps.google.com
  2)  search for battery east, san francisco, ca
  3)  click the "Get directions" button
  4)  click the button with a picture of a bus (the other options are car, walking and bicycle)
  5)  battery east, san francisco, ca will appear in the "B" box (your destination)
  6)  type the address you're coming from in the "A" box
  7)  in the three drop-down menus, select "Arrive by", choose (or type) 06/20/13 for the date and enter (or select) the time you wish to arrive
  8)  click "GET DIRECTIONS"

You'll probably get something like 3 or 4 options.  Click on each one to see the route on the map and read the route description below.  At the end of the route description it also tells you total travel time, how much it will cost and how much they estimate it would cost to go by car (that cost is a link which you can click to read how they came up with the estimate).  Zoom in and out of the map to see details of any parts of the route you're curious about.  To see details like buildings, sidewalks, crosswalks, etc., switch to Satellite view (click "Satellite" in the upper right-hand corner of the map; you can always switch back to "Map" by clicking the same button).

I'm not sure if I'm going (don't know if I'm working that day), but now I know when I'll need to leave and how much it will cost.  :-)

Cheers,
Valerie