[GPSCC-chat] The Deep Web For Journalists

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 10:07:27 PDT 2013

________________________________
This e-mail will likely result in my being tagged as a dissident by the powers that be and maybe even result in my home Internet connection being wiretapped directly instead of the NSA simply scooping up all of my meta data through that secret room at ATT in SF.  So be it.

I was reluctant to respond to Gerry's call to comment on the NSA spying scandals and the Edward Snowden controversies and so on until after I had read Alan Pearce's e-book called The Deep Web For Journalists. This book gives a thumbnail sketch of how journalists (and other savory and not so savory types) can evade detection in their quest for anonymous online searches and secure communications.  As alluded to above, I'm not so sure that the techniques in this book would not be vulnerable to being compromised if the FBI or other alphabet soup org were to wiretap your home Internet connection directly instead of relying on the world wide dragnet of everyone's information. Still, if you want to give the middle finger to the powers that be, including at least finding search engines other than Google that don't keep endless logs of your search activities, then this is the book for you. You can download a PDF version after going through the PayPal portal at
 http://www.alanpearce.com/.  Good luck and God Speed.

Sincerely,

John Thielking