[GPSCC-chat] Fw: CA DISCLOSE Act Passed the Senate, now on to the Assembly -- join us!

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Mon Jun 24 16:32:27 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: California Clean Money Campaign <newsletter at cadisclose.org>
To: Caroline <carolineyacoub at att.net>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 3:45 PM
Subject: CA DISCLOSE Act Passed the Senate, now on to the Assembly -- join us!

CA DISCLOSE Act Passed the Senate, now on to the Assembly -- join us!
Thanks for supporting SB 52, the California DISCLOSE Act!
View this email in your browser

SB 52, theCalifornia DISCLOSE Act passed on the full Senate floor 28-11. Now on to the Assembly - we need your help!

Your support was crucial in getting SB 52 passed in the Senate. Now we need you more than ever for the Assembly!

Attend California Clean Money Campaign's Palo Alto - San Mateo Working Group
 meeting to participate in moving SB 52 through the process of becoming law.

Palo Alto - San Mateo Working Group Meeting
Tuesday, June 25th
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM

Unitarian Universalist Church of Palo Alto
Fireside Room
505 E. Charleston Road
Palo Alto, CA 94306

       RSVPs not required but appreciated
CLICK here to RSVP and view more details plus an online map

Please feel free to bring a friend or two!

Thanks for all that you do!

 The Supreme Court's Citizens United decision unleashed unlimited, anonymous corporate spending on campaigns.  Over $425 million was spent last year on ballot measures in California alone, with most of the money hiding behind misleading names.  That's why we need to pass SB 52 (Leno-Hill), the California DISCLOSE Act, to make sure that people know who is really paying for political ads.

SB 52, the California DISCLOSE Act, would:
	* Replace current deceptive "Paid for by" disclosures with real disclosure, making the top funders of the ad boldly and explicitly clear ON THE AD ITSELF.
	* Require that ads have a link to a website showing the top ten funders.
 Tell voters who is really funding propositions and attack ads when it counts!
For more info on SB 52, the California DISCLOSE Act, and how it will stop hidden influence of Big Money special interests, see our home page:  http://cadisclose.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=218404b9b7d17b8e087467c45&id=3fb5072c2f&e=b96e3d589a.

Join the California Clean Money Campaign

 The California Clean Money Campaign is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose vision is to achieve an open and accountable government that is responsive to the needs of all Californians by building statewide support for full disclosure and public funding of election campaigns.  All our support comes from individuals and non-profit foundations, with no funding from corporations or unions.
Copyright © 2013 California Clean Money Campaign, All rights reserved.
You're getting this due to your support for the DISCLOSE Act or Clean Money and Fair Elections.

Our mailing address is:

California Clean Money Campaign
8124 W. 3rd St, Suite 105Los Angeles, CA 90048Add us to your address book unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences