[GPSCC-chat] GPSCC CC

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 2 19:10:45 PST 2013

I have a question concerning the first sentence of section 2.1.2 of our
bylaws.

ARTICLE 2 COUNTY COUNCIL

2.1 Purposes

2.1.1 The County Council will fulfill the legal requirement for a
liaison between the
California Green Party and Santa Clara County officials. As used in
these Bylaws,
the term "County Council" shall have the same meaning as the term
"Central Committee"
as that term is used by the Office of the Registrar of Voters for Santa
Clara County, California.

2.1.2 The Council shall select a secretary and a treasurer from among
its members,
or may ratify the selection of these officers made at a General County
Meeting. [snip]

In section 2.1.2 who may ratify the selection?

Does the county council make the selection?

Do those present at a general county meeting select those officers
[secretary and treasurer] ?

If the selection is made at a general meeting why does it need to be
ratified?

Jim Doyle