[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Don't Frack California

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Sun Mar 24 08:33:20 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Center for Biological Diversity <bioactivist at biologicaldiversity.org>
To: carolineyacoub at att.net
Sent: Fri, March 22, 2013 1:48:58 PM
Subject: Don't Frack California

Dear Caroline,

Fracking is a dangerous oil and gas extraction technique that threatens our
state's water, air, wildlife, public health and climate. With potentially the
largest shale-oil reserves in the country, California faces an impending
fracking boom. Yet state officials currently don't track when or where fracking
occurs -- let alone take steps to protect California from the many dangers
associated with the technology.

The best way to protect California is to ban fracking now.

That's why the Center for Biological Diversity is joining our allies in pushing
to get more signatures in support of a fracking ban than on any other
environmental petition in the state's history. We need your help now to make it
happen.

Please take action and sign our petition to ban fracking in California before
irreversible damage is done to our precious state and its natural resources --
and then forward this email to your friends and family.

 Click here to take action and get more information.

If you can't open the link, go to
http://action.biologicaldiversity.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12917.

Donate now to support the Center's work.

Photo of fracking rig courtesy Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas.

This message was sent to carolineyacoub at att.net.

The Center for Biological Diversity sends out newsletters and action alerts
through DemocracyinAction.org. Click here if you'd like to check your profile
and preferences. Let us know if you'd like to stop receiving action alerts and
newsletters from us.