[GPSCC-chat] Are Banks Trustworthy?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed Mar 27 09:59:40 PDT 2013

Hello, All:  The Common Dreams article Gerry mentioned explains
succinctly why we should move our money to credit unions or local-only
banks and lobby for effective reregulation of the finance industry:

       1.   A U.S. Senate investigation revealed that the 2010
Dodd-Frank banking reforms utterly failed in the case of the $6.2
billion "London Whale" gambling loss at JPMorgan Chase.

       2.  A U.S. House committee recently passed seven measures to
WEAKEN Dodd-Frank.

       3.  Banks in Cyprus are closed as the European Union and the
government of Cyprus are reportedly trying to take money from Cypriot
citizens while protecting foreign investors and Cypriot banks that lost
gambling on Greek debt.

       4.  Unless Americans demand real regulation while moving our
money to community banks and credit unions, we can bank on being bilked.
Again.

       Spencer