[GPSCC-chat] Join "Americans for Financial Reform"?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed Mar 27 14:49:00 PDT 2013

Hello, All:

       What do you think about having the Green party of Santa Clara
County join "Americans for Financial Reform"?

       I just learned about this organization earlier today from a news
report on 7 bills to further deregulate the finance industry that were
passed out of the US House Agriculture Committee last Wednesday, March
21.  The report said, "Americans for Financial Reform, a coalition
including the AFL-CIO labor federation as well as other unions and
consumer groups, has opposed changes to the so-called push-out rule."  (
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-19/wall-street-may-win-swap-rule-reprieve-in-u-s-house-legislation.html)

       Americans for Financial Reform's web site lists 104 national
organizations including Common Cause and Public Citizen, plus 109 state
organizations, and 8 businesses.  There are currently no Green party
organizations on the list.  I suggest we consider being the first.  I
will add it at the end of the agenda for tomorrow night's meeting.

       Comments?
       Spencer

-

--