[GPSCC-chat] Draft3 GPSCC March 28th Meeting Agenda (This Thursday)

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed Mar 27 14:56:34 PDT 2013

###################### Adding a discussion of "Americans for Financial
Reform", time permitting

       I'd like to give the group an introduction to the "Documenting
crony capitalism" initiative I'm developing in Wikiversity.  With the
group's approval, I'd be happy to do this during the 7 - 7:30
pre-meeting period.

       This initiative currently includes a discussion of the "Finance
industry in the United States".  By the meeting, I hope also to have
something there about the 7 bills further deregulating financial
transaction recently passed out of the US House Agriculture Committee.
The finance industry in the US has been spending over half a billion
dollars a year in lobbying and political campaign contributions.  This
is part of what they are buying with that money.  (For more, see
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Finance_industry_in_the_United_States;
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Category:Documenting_crony_capitalism.)

       Spencer

On 3/26/2013 4:57 PM, WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:

> [...]
> watcher(s);SelectAgendaPreparerfor next meeting;Affirmor
> modifydraftagenda(5 Minutes)
>
> IntroductionsandAnnouncements(10Minutes)
>
> Treasurer'sReport-- including update on failure of GPCA Clearinghouse
> to deliver three tote bags or GPCA to return payment -- JimDoyle(5
> minutes)
>
> AS DISCUSSED AND AGREED AT THE FEBRUARY 28, 2013, GPSCC MEETING:Fill
> CountyCouncilvacancies and re-appoint current County Council members
> to comply with request from GPCA Coordinating Committee--
> CountyCouncil(30Minutes) -- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
>
> AS DISCUSSED AND AGREED AT THE FEBRUARY 28, 2013, GPSCC MEETING:Fill
> "SGA" (statewide discussion email list purporting to amend GPCA Bylaws
> under questionable legitimacy)-- CountyCouncil-- Report by current
> participants and appointments of two vacancies (10Minutes)
>
> Continued Discussion regarding priorities for speakers topics at
> meetings -- Sandy Perry(15Minutes)
>
> Sandy Perry proposal:That our local GPSCC adopt two issue campaigns in
> order to concentrate our local work, increase our impact, and grow:
> climate change and single payer health care. This does not mean we
> would drop other issues or refrain from endorsing other causes. Above
> all, it does not mean any member has to stop doing work he or she as
> an individual feels called to do.
>
> It means we would devote more collective thought, discussion,
> planning, and meeting time to two campaigns with the idea of making a
> breakthrough in expanding our ranks and influence. We would build our
> monthly meeting agenda around planning how to advance our work around
> these issues...This would not replace our ongoing tasks of running in
> local elections... and registering Green voters... (See full text on
> GPSCC discussion email list)
>
> Additional Proposal for criteria for guest speakers at meetings -- Jim
> Doyle (15 Minutes)
>
> Jim Doyle Prposal:
>
> THE SPEAKER SHOULD PROVIDE US WITH INFORMATION, DATA, OR TECHNIQUES
> THAT WILL HELP US IMPROVE OUR VOTER REGISTRATION, FUNDRAISING, AND GET
> OUT THE VOTE EFFORTS.For example, a union organizer, a community
> leader or activist, a community leader from an ethnic group.The topic
> should reflect the ten key values.
>
> Presentation of proposed GPSCC Bylaws amendment to expand County
> Council authority between monthly general membership meetings--Text of
> proposal needed -- Jim Doyle
>
> (10 Minutes)
>
> Update report on Middle East speaker program being organized by local
> Peace and Freedom Party members (continued from February 28^th
> meeting) -- John Thielkind (10 Minutes)
>
> Discussionofstatusoftablingsupplies-- Presenter? --
>
> (10Minutes)
>
> Plan forSpringTabling-- Need to identifyevent coordinators -- (15Minutes)
>
> April 13^th Andrew Hill Health Fair
>
> AprilEarthDays (SJSU; SCU; De Anza College)
>
> Jr.StatesmanApril 27th
>

> BerryessaArts&WineFestivealSaturdayMay11th

Proposed: The Green Party of Santa Clara County shall join "Americans
for Financial Reform" -- assuming it doesn't cost us anything.  (5-10
minutes; to be included only if time permits)

> (2HoursEstimatedCumulativeTimes.Goal:Adjournby 9:30pm)
>
> ###

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.