[GPSCC-chat] Sanders on Banks

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Mar 28 12:41:32 PDT 2013

On 3/28/2013 10:45 AM, Gerry Gras wrote:

> FYI,
>
> Bernie Sanders, Senator from Vermont,
> "announced he would introduce legislation to break up the largest
> financial institutions".
>
> "Bernie Sanders Takes on 'Too Big To Jail'"
> http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/03/28-4
>
> When I get a bill number, or maybe even earlier,
> I will ask Boxer and Feinstein to support the
> bill.

       What do you think of citing some of the material on Wikiversity
under "Finance industry in the United States" in this regard
(http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Finance_industry_in_the_United_States)?
I want to add material on the advertising budgets of the finance
industry compared to the profits of the mainstream commercial media --
to help explain why we hear so relatively little about this -- plus more
on the half a billion dollars per year the finance industry invests in
lobbying and political campaign contributions, etc.  I'm open to
suggestions on what could make these kinds of analyses more compelling.

       Spencer