[GPSCC-chat] minutes of meeting March 28

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Mar 28 22:37:03 PDT 2013

Any additions, corrections, comments, please reply to this email.
Thanks.  Spencer

On 3/28/2013 3:01 PM, WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:

> *G**REENPARTYOF SANTACLARACOUNTY*
>
> DraftAgendaforMonthlyGeneralMembershipMeetingMarch28,2013
>
> San JosePeaceandJusticeCenter,48South7thStreet,San Jose,CA
> (Near7thandSan Fernando)
>
> 7:00pm -- Eat andchat (Spencer Graves presentation)
>
> 7:30pm -- Beginmeeting
>
> SelectFacilitator: Caroline
>

> ,Note taker:  Spencer
>

> ,Time keeper:  John Thielking
>

> ,andVibes watcher(s):  Tian
>

> ;SelectAgendaPreparerfor next meeting:  Warner
>

> ;Affirmor modifydraftagenda(5 Minutes)
>
> IntroductionsandAnnouncements(10Minutes)

       May 1: Sandy & Drew preparing an event at DeAnzare. trying to get
the students to demand access to educational resources, 1:30 - 3:30 PM
at the Student Union / Center

       Bike party third Friday;  sjbikeparty.org -- 20 miles.

       Warner:  Campaigns and Candidates working group meeting:  There
will be a Plenary in Napa county, June 22-23.

> Treasurer'sReport-- including update on failure of GPCA Clearinghouse
> to deliver three tote bags or GPCA to return payment -- JimDoyle(5
> minutes)
>
> AS DISCUSSED AND AGREED AT THE FEBRUARY 28, 2013, GPSCC MEETING:Fill
> CountyCouncilvacancies and re-appoint current County Council members
> to comply with request from GPCA Coordinating Committee--
> CountyCouncil(30Minutes) -- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

       Jim Doyle, Spencer Graves, Drew Johnson, John Thielking, Betsy
Wolf-Graves confirmed in January.

       1.  Are all the current County Council members willing tocontinue
to serve until the next state primaryinJune 2014?  Yes.

       2. Are there any concerns with the current CCmembers?  None.

       3.  There was 2 weeks notice of a discussion of this issue at
this meeting. We have two open positions on the County Council.  We are
encouraging people to volunteer, especially women.  We will keep this as
an open agenda item for future meetings until filled.

       4.  Someone from the County Council needs to report to this
discussionto the appropriate statewide officials.  Warner will draft,
Spencer will send.

*** The above evaluation was approved by 80% of the current County
Council(4 of 5 votes; Jim Doyle was not available).

> AS DISCUSSED AND AGREED AT THE FEBRUARY 28, 2013, GPSCC MEETING:Fill
> "SGA" (statewide discussion email list purporting to amend GPCA Bylaws
> under questionable legitimacy)-- CountyCouncil-- Report by current
> participants and appointments of two vacancies (10Minutes)

       This general meeting affirms that the 5 members of the County
Council will serve as our delegates to the SGA.  This was confirmed by
the County Council(4 of 5 votes;  Jim Doyle was not available).

> Continued Discussion regarding priorities for speakers topics at
> meetings -- Sandy Perry(15Minutes)
>
> Sandy Perry proposal:That our local GPSCC adopt two issue campaigns in
> order to concentrate our local work, increase our impact, and grow:
> climate change and single payer health care. This does not mean we
> would drop other issues or refrain from endorsing other causes. Above
> all, it does not mean any member has to stop doing work he or she as
> an individual feels called to do.
>
> It means we would devote more collective thought, discussion,
> planning, and meeting time to two campaigns with the idea of making a
> breakthrough in expanding our ranks and influence. We would build our
> monthly meeting agenda around planning how to advance our work around
> these issues...This would not replace our ongoing tasks of running in
> local elections... and registering Green voters... (See full text on
> GPSCC discussion email list)

       Sandy will get ahealth care speaker for next time.  We'll ask
Gerry Gras to get a speaker for later.

> Additional Proposal for criteria for guest speakers at meetings -- Jim
> Doyle (15 Minutes)
>
> Jim Doyle Proposal:
>
> THE SPEAKER SHOULD PROVIDE US WITH INFORMATION, DATA, OR TECHNIQUES
> THAT WILL HELP US IMPROVE OUR VOTER REGISTRATION, FUNDRAISING, AND GET
> OUT THE VOTE EFFORTS.For example, a union organizer, a community
> leader or activist, a community leader from an ethnic group.The topic
> should reflect the ten key values.
>
> Presentation of proposed GPSCC Bylaws amendment to expand County
> Council authority between monthly general membership meetings--Text of
> proposal needed -- Jim Doyle
>
> (10 Minutes)

       2Jim Doyle's items tabled until the next meeting.

> Update report on Middle East speaker program being organized by local
> Peace and Freedom Party members (continued from February 28^th
> meeting) -- John Thielkind (10 Minutes)

       No update; tabled until the next meeting.

> Discussionofstatusoftablingsupplies-- Presenter? --
>
> (10Minutes)
>
> Plan forSpringTabling-- Need to identifyevent coordinators -- (15Minutes)
>
> Andrew Hill Health Fair April 13th

       Sandy will coordinate.  Andrea will take a short stint, not the
whole time. John T. will help table.

> AprilEarthDays (SJSU April 23^rd 11am-3pm;-- Tean to coordinate.  John
> Thielking will assist.
>

> SCU; -- Caroline will follow up;  Sandy is providingcontact info.
> Andrea will assist.
>

> De Anza College) -- Drew will check, Sandy will assist.
>

> Jr.StatesmanApril 27th --Caroline with assistance from Andrea.

Sunday, April 7, 5 PM, Central Labor Council:  David Cobb, Move To
Amend.  Sandy to organize tabling there.

> BerryessaArts&WineFestivealSaturdayMay11th

       Warner will ask Jim Doyle if he wants to follow up on this.

> Others???

       Move to Amend (above)

       ElectricVehicle (next meeting)

> Discussion:"Americans for Financial Reform" -- Spencer (5 Minutes)

       1.  The national party should lead on something like this.

       2. Something like this could be referred to the Green Issues
working group or propose it to the Coordinating Committee to put it on
the agenda for the next state meeting.  Notice by April 3 to the CC, and
the actual proposal is due by April 23.

       Conclusion: We're not ready.

> (2Hours5 Minutes EstimatedCumulativeTimes.Goal:Adjournby 9:30pm)

       Social Security?

       ULine catalog?

> ###

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD