[GPSCC-chat] Climate Change Articles

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 14:32:43 PDT 2013

Another article of interest would be this one:

http://timeforchange.org/co2-emission-nuclear-power-stations-electricity

that talks about how much CO2 is emmitted by nuclear power generation. It turns out that nuclear power will likely have higher CO2 emissions than natural gas fired power plants when the Uranium is almost exhausted and we have to mine the lower grade ores (in 2050 or so). The numbers are likely somewhat better for Thorium reactors, though those have not been developed sufficiently to be sure of what would happen if Thorium were used instead of Uranium.

John Thielking