[GPSCC-chat] discussion vs. contention

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 15:16:02 PDT 2013

Sure, that sounds like a great idea Spencer.  Thanks for the creative input!

Green is GO!

Drew

~*~*~*~
Dr. Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala leading the 100 member Green Shadow Cabinet to A Green New Deal for America
http://greenshadowcabinet.us

Dr. Stein's Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
Climate Voter Power Pledge: http://www.jillstein.org/dc_climate_protests
     First TV Ad http://tinyurl.com/JillStein1stAd

>________________________________

    This is particularly true with a long string of emails in the same
    thread in a list like this.  I haven't paid a lot of attention to
    this thread other than to see that Drew and John each have strong
    positions about something -- and the issues are easily
    misunderstood, because an email thread like this is a very poor tool
    for promoting understanding and reconciliation.

>      Would Drew and John mind moving this discussion to Wikiversity
    under the "Broad political discourse" initiative I'm trying to start
    there (http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Broad_political_discourse)?  In this forum, I would ask the discussion to be organized like a table with three columns with titles something like "heterodox" and "orthodox" with "research needed" between the two.  This would allow each side to present their case with the supporting evidence and the other to raise questions about the evidence.  With a little luck, after some formal analysis and organization of evidence, you can develop a consensus statement that could then be reposted back to the group.

>      I can provide technical assistance in creating a Wikiversity
    page for this and helping answer questions about the Wikimedia
    markup language so the discussion is actually productive, and it is
    easier to understand the different positions, the evidence behind
    same, and how a consensus might be reached.

>      Spencer
>

>>Green is GO!
>>

>>Drew
>>

>>~*~*~*~
>>Dr. Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala leading the 100 member Green Shadow Cabinet to A Green New Deal for America
>>http://greenshadowcabinet.us
>>
>>Dr. Stein's Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
>>Climate Voter Power Pledge: http://www.jillstein.org/dc_climate_protests
>>    First TV Ad http://tinyurl.com/JillStein1stAd