[GPSCC-chat] county supervisor sidewalk office hours

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 16 17:46:22 PDT 2013

County Supervisor Joe Simitian

Dear Friends,

Twelve years ago, as a freshman legislator in the State Assembly,
I started hosting "sidewalk office hours" to help me stay in touch with
constituents.
This served two important purposes. You got to ask me questions and get
straight
answers; and, I could take your ideas and concerns with me to Sacramento.

Since being sworn in earlier this year as a Santa Clara County
Supervisor, I have
been studying up on the pressing issues facing our County. Now, I'd like
to hear
from my constituents about their priorities. To make that possible, I'm
once again
holding sidewalk office hours this year.

These informal conversations take place at local farmers' markets
throughout the district.
No appointment is needed, so you can just stop by and chat. The times
and locations
for this weekend's events are below. Be sure to keep an eye out for
future emails with
additional dates and locations. Also, you can find me on Facebook
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?SupervisorJoeSimitia/7ecab8c4ea/fbe1d6eaec/c47183ceb8>!

I look forward to seeing you throughout the coming months.

Stay in touch,
Joe
County Supervisor Joe Simitian
Fifth District