[GPSCC-chat] Trans Pacific Partnership

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 14:02:05 PDT 2013

Thanks for keeping on top of this issue Sandy Perry.  I've been keeping one eye on this issue as it could put me out of business if the rules change significantly regarding criminalization of "fair use" and criminalization of Youtube videos.  Currently, I repurpose information for free from various web sites that have only a copyright statement and no terms of use and/or that have a "fair use" terms of use.  If that picture were to change significantly it could force me to specifically license content even though I'm only paraphrasing it and such use doesn't even rise to the level of "fair use".  Also, I'm not sure if the generic medication I'm on would be available in its brand name form from my current Medicare Advantage Plan if the TPP expands patents on drugs..

John Thielking