[GPSCC-chat] agenda items so far/argh!

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu May 23 15:04:22 PDT 2013

Hi, Warner:

       I hope you'll come tonight and help convert this into a terse,
focused discussion of how to elevate the importance of this issue among
the Santa Clara county and statewide Green parties.

       Harvard Law Prof Lawrence Lessig insists that campaign finance in
not the most important problem for anyone but is the first problem the
must be solved before progress can be made on any other problems.  I've
previously distributed brochures on this;  I'll bring more copies this
evening to hopefully minimize the discussion of "what" so we can focus
more on "how".

       Spencer

On 5/23/2013 1:59 PM, WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:
> May 23, 2013
> This is the kind of sloppy, unclear, vague and overbroad proposal for
> an agenda item that just drives me bonkers!!!
> There is no focus whatsoever.  There is no time proposal.  It is so
> broad it could include two years of constant chit chat and still go
> nowhere...
> Add that to the apparent lack of understanding about how state meeting
> agendas are prepared...  Argh!!! (as in frustration; not pirate noises)
> Warner
> In a message dated 5/22/2013 7:30:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> spencer.graves at prodsyse.com writes:
>
>     Could we also add to the agenda a discussion of political reform
>     initiatives including Move to Amend and Rootstrikers?  I'd also
>     like to see this on the agenda for the state-wide meeting.

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.
San José, CA 95126