[GPSCC-chat] Elections for County Council, Thursday, June 27

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed May 29 21:44:44 PDT 2013

On 5/29/2013 7:09 PM, John Thielking wrote:
> Spencer,
> I'm a bit confused. I thought that we would all pitch in and go door
> to door or something to collect the 20 signatures that are needed to
> nominate the candidates. If we have up to 7 candidates we can get by
> with collecting only 20 signatures total, but if we have more
> candidates, then that becomes problematic too.  I do have some free
> time, but I have no voter list to work from. What is the latest on
> this? Anyone? Do we have the form for the signatures worked out yet?
> Thanks.

Hi, John, et al.:

       Sandy reminded me earlier today that he had agreed to draft a
form containing all our names and space for signatures.  He will send it
to me.  I will add addresses for all then email it to anyone willing to
print a copy and collect signatures for us.

       We also need to publish this election, I took care of that on May
24, as documented in the email to which you replied.  Then after the
elections, someone needs to inform the Registrar of Voters of the
results within 4 days (if my memory is correct).

       The wheels are turning but not very fast ;-)

       Thanks for asking.
       Spencer

> Sincerely,
> John Thielking
>
> --- On *Fri, 5/24/13, Spencer Graves /<spencer.graves at prodsyse.com>/*
> wrote:
>

>     From: Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at prodsyse.com>
>     Subject: [GPSCC-chat] Elections for County Council, Thursday, June 27
>     To: "GPSCC" <sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org>
>     Date: Friday, May 24, 2013, 8:41 AM
>
>     Hello, All:
>

>           Elections for the County Councils of the Green Party of
>     Santa Clara County will be held at our next regular meeting five
>     weeks from yesterday, Thursday, June 27, at the San José Peace and
>     Justice Center.
>

>           Interested Greens are encouraged to run.  Our primary foci
>     this year are (a) environment, including350.org
>     <http://www.350siliconvalley.org/>, and (b) universal health
>     care.  We are also involved in many other things
>     includingcitizen-funded elections and news, without which progress
>     on any other issue is virtually impossible
>     <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dZdlcsaArsaX-LKwfk7UezjbOnL5ejHVclPr7Un-uFg/edit?usp=sharing>.
>

>           More will follow shortly including collecting signatures to
>     support the candidacies of the existing County Council members.
>     If you might like to serve, you do NOT need to have signatures
>     collected:  You just need to appear at the June 27 meeting and
>     convince the attendees to elect you;  you must be registered Green
>     for at least a year and live in Santa Clara County.  We currently
>     have vacancies we've been unable to fill.  We are allowed 7, and
>     we currently have five.  After at least one of them is officially
>     elected on June 27, the new County Council can then appoint others
>     subject to the approval of the rest of the attendees at the
>     monthly meeting.  See also "http://www.cagreens.org/santaclara/".
>

>           Hope to see you on June 27.
>           Spencer

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD