[GPSCC-chat] GOOD MESSAGE FROM DEREK TENNANT - SOME QUESTIONAS ABOUT XL AND 350.ORG

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Mon Nov 11 09:37:50 PST 2013

The reason I sent this out is so that we become more aware of who we are working with. There are no "pure" organizations out there, and we need to be aware of how the organizations we join are funded, and how people with ulterior motives worm their way into all our activities and organizations.

This post is not asking us to avoid 350.org or not participate in it. It is asking us to do so with our eyes open. Anyone who knows Derek understands that he is not advocating for us to do nothing. If you reread the post, he is calling on us to do more.

As Jesus said, we need to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves.

Finally, more than almost anything I believe what we need now is NOT a charismatic leader for the movement. Eugene Debs once said the last thing we need is a Moses to lead us into the promised land - because anyone who could lead us in could turn around and lead us right back out. As the saying goes, WE are the leaders we have been looking for.

Sandy