[GPSCC-chat] [Fwd: [gpca-forum] Endorsing BOTH our Governor candidates should be a choice (from GPAC)]

Drew rainbeaufriend at riseup.net
Wed Nov 13 00:17:26 PST 2013

Subject: [gpca-forum] Endorsing BOTH our Governor candidates should be a
choice (from GPAC)
From:    "rubinarnol" <rubinarnol at aol.com>
Date:    Tue, November 12, 2013 12:56 pm
To:      gpca-forum at cagreens.org

To the GA/SGA/CCWG/CC:

At the regular County Council meeting of the Green Party of Alameda County
(GPAC), on November 10, 2013, we agreed, by consensus, that we consider
both Deacon Alexander and Luis Rodriguez to be qualified to represent the
GPCA as candidates for Governor (in the 2014 election).  Specifically, we
think it would be great for both of them to be campaigning as endorsed
Green Party Governor candidates next year.  We therefore would like a
choice to be added so that SGA delegates can co-endorse, or dual-endorse,
both Deacon and Luis.  (And since this will be a ranked-choice vote,
providing this option won't hurt anyone's preferences, rather, it will be
fully inclusive of the complete range of voting possibilities).

Because it is unlikely that any of our statewide candidates will advance
past the Primary to the November 2014 General Election, the Primary season
is our candidates' chance to address the public in the role of candidate.
 It would benefit the Green Party for five candidates, rather than four,
to be able to play that role.  This is in the Green Party spirit of "more
voices, more choices."  Let's expand our horizons and give ourselves the
option -- and the potential -- of both Deacon Alexander and Luis
Rodriguez jointly being our officially endorsed Green Party Governor
candidates.

Jan Arnold
For the GPAC County Council