[GPSCC-chat] Keystone XL Article

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Wed Nov 13 22:05:23 PST 2013

This is a long but fascinating article on the evolution of the Keystone pipeline, its opponents, 350.org, and the famous hedge fund manager who, it turns out, lives right here in our back yard and wields enormous influence in California politics. I do not believe there are any clear conclusions here about the viability and effectiveness of 350.org, other than that they have obviously had an impact - they have delayed the pipeline significantly. As I said before, I believe the true nature of 350.org will become apparent only through the process of our participation in it (with our eyes wide open).

Sandy

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/09/16/130916fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all