[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Huge news!

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 15 14:34:30 PST 2013

FYI

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Nita and Shaunna, UltraViolet" <info at weareultraviolet.org>
To: John F Thielking <pagesincolor at yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2013 2:30 PM
Subject: Huge news!

Thank Prosecutor Kym Worthy for charging Renisha's killer with murder and let her know we're counting on her to bring justice for Renisha McBride and her family.
Click Here
Dear John,
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy just announced that the man who shot unarmed teen Renisha McBride as she sought help after a car accident will be charged with murder and possession of an illegal firearm.1
This quick investigation couldn't have happened without the nearly 60,000 of us who demanded action alongside groups like the Detroit NAACP and Color of Change. Together, we made sure yet another story of the senseless shooting of a black teenager didn't go unnoticed.
But our work isn't done. We know from past cases like Trayvon Martin's that Stand Your Ground laws can lead to killers getting away with the murder if they think someone looks "threatening," and Renisha's killer is claiming "self-defense" even though he shot Renisha through a locked screen door.
Can you thank Prosector Kym Worthy for charging Renisha's murderer and let her know we're counting on her to deliver a strong prosecution to get justice for Renisha and her family?
Click here to sign the letter.
Thanks for getting us a step closer toward justice for Renisha.
--Nita, Shaunna, Kat, Karin, Malinda, Adam, and Gabriela, the UltraViolet team
Source:
1. Renisha McBride's alleged shooter to be charged with murder, ABC News, November 15, 2013
Murder charges against the man who killed Renisha McBride, Fox News Detroit, November 15, 2013