[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: [gpca-grow] Fwd: Press release on Green Party of California Endorsement of Luis J. Rodriguez for Governor (please use widely)

Drew RainBeauFriend at RiseUp.net
Tue Nov 26 03:46:08 PST 2013

From: luis j rodriguez
Date: Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Subject: Press release on Green Party of California Endorsement of Luis J.
Rodriguez for Governor (please use widely)

Luis 2014

Rodriguez

For Governor of California

For Immediate Release: November 25, 2013

Contact: Anthony D. Prince, 818-898-0013

*“Imagine a New California” – The Green Party of California Endorses Luis
J. Rodriguez runs for Governor*

LOS ANGELES, CA – The Green Party of California after a week of online
voting endorsed author and community leader Luis J. Rodriguez for governor
of California. Luis has embarked on a grassroots campaign, breaking new
ground by calling for the end of poverty. The campaign champions aligning
resources to meet needs by providing livable and meaningful work or income,
healthy and clean communities, free quality health care for all, the
overhaul of the criminal justice system, and ensuring arts, culture and
expression outlets in every neighborhood.

“This campaign is an imaginal poetic journey,” says Rodriguez. “It must be
part of a movement for transformative and healing change that goes beyond
elections and campaigns. Yet we also aim to win.”

Luis J. Rodriguez has been socially and politically active in California
since the age of 16 when he was arrested during the August 29, 1970 Chicano
Moratorium Against the Vietnam War in East Los Angeles. Within three years,
he left gangs, drugs and a street life to become a leader, thinker and
organizer, working for urban peace, social justice, labor equity, and
immigrant rights. At 22, he ran for a Los Angeles Unified School District
board seat, impacting future races for progressives and people of color.
For the past 25 years, he’s also been a journalist, poet, fiction writer,
children’s book writer, lecturer, and essayist. He has 15 books in multiple
genres, including the bestselling—and often banned—memoir “Always Running,
La Vida Loca, Gang Days in L.A.”

In 2012, the *L.A. Weekly* named Luis one of the 60 most fascinating people
in Los Angeles.

“We won’t accept corporate money or be part of the discredited two-party
system,” adds Rodriguez. “This is an independent campaign that seeks the
endorsement of the Green Party, other independent electoral parties,
organizations, and individuals. The campaign strives to incorporate
visionary and practical leaders whose input and experiences stand to anchor
a statewide, ground up, movement for real solutions to real problems.”

For more on the Luis J. Rodriguez for Governor campaign, a website has been
created www.rodriguezforgovernor.org. Checks can be made out to “Campaign
for Luis J. Rodriguez” and sent to PO Box 328, San Fernando CA 91341. For
more information, call 818-898-0013.