[GPSCC-chat] GPCA endorsements for June 2014 primary, Coordinating Committee, initiatives

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed Oct 9 01:52:16 PDT 2013

Hello, All:

       Mike Feinstein and Tim Laidman have announced the opening of
discussion and voting for candidates and issues before the Standing
General Assembly.  The Santa Clara Greens currently has 5 delegates (Jim
Doyle, Spencer Graves, Drew Johnson, John Thielking, Betsy
Wolf-Graves).  The official "GPCA-votes SGA voting" discussion is now
open and will continue through the General Assembly at Santa Rosa, Nov.
16-17, and end via SGA electronic voting Nov. 24 -- unless the rules are
changed in Santa Rosa.

       The following issues are currently being discussed by the SGA:

             * Discuss ID 33 - California Cannabis Hemp Initiative 2014

             * Discuss ID 34 - Governor:  Deacon Alexander, Luis Rodriguez

             * Discuss ID 35 - Sec. of State:  David Curtis

             * Discuss ID 36 - Treasurer:  Ellen Brown

             * Discuss ID 37 - Controller:  Laura Wells

       I think we need to discuss this at the via email.  I hope that at
the next Santa Clara Greens meeting, October 24, we will provide
instructions for how our SGA delegates are to vote on these issues -- or
at least a process that will produce an answer by the November 21
meeting of the Santa Clara Greens.  I'd prefer to have an answer before
November 21 to allow more time for our SGA delegates to overcome any
problems they might encounter with the voting system.

       At this moment, I favor the cannabis initiative, and I think we
should endorse exactly one candidate for each office.  Having two
candidates in our unified primary dilutes our limited votes and reduces
further our miniscule chances of winning.  I've offered technical
support to Laura Wells for her campaign for Controller. She was arrested
while our candidate for Governor in 2010.  For more, see the Wikipedia
article on her (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Wells). At the
present time, I have no preference between Alexander and Rodriguez for
Governor.

       Comments?
       Best Wishes,
       Spencer