[GPSCC-chat] "Inequality For All"

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 16 14:52:55 PDT 2013

Opening 9/27 at the Pruneyard (Camera 7) and at the Aquarius in Palo Alto.

I think framing the issue as "inequality" is a big mistake.

An article by Robert Frank cites a Gallup poll that found that the majority of
Americans consider inequality "an
acceptable part of our economic system".
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101037295

I think that even those most disgusted by inequities in the system, the
rampant greed of the most privileged (who have conspired to game the
system for the benefit of people just like them), and the flow of wealth from
the poor to the rich would have to agree that some inequality is acceptable
and even desirable--that people who develop their marketable skills and work
hard deserve to earn more than people who don't.

Economic justice, equity, opportunity, and kleptocracy are vital issues today.
But to address them under the banner of "inequality" makes no sense.