[GPSCC-chat] minutes from September Santa Clara Greens Meeting

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 08:10:38 PDT 2013

Additional items from the minutes: It was discussed re: literature policy that

1) If Drew or anyone else wants us to have a policy that they should work on specific language for that policy and post it to this list before the next GA meeting.  At the next GA meeting we can vote it up or down or modify it.

2) John Thielking postponed the discussion of expanding the commission structure for the Green Party to earn money by selling Peacemovies booklets and newsletter subscriptions. Warner had concerns that could likely be addressed by e-mail or at the next GA meeting, provided that a written proposal was submitted to this list before the next GA meeting.  Note that at previous GA meetings the following was approved:

a) to have Peacemovies lit at the tables (I don't recall the exact details, but somehow I got the impression that using the GP logo on the lit was also ok or approved somehow.  The GP logo no longer appears on the Peacemovies lit, except possibly for some older versions that may still be in the tabling kits. This change -- dropping the GP logo -- happened around Dec  2012?)

b)It was also approved to have the Peacemovies 2011 and 2012 booklets at the tables and sell them for $7, with $3.50 from each sale going to the Green Party.  John Thielking would pay the sales tax on the $7 from his portion of the proceeds.

I will submit the details of my proposed changes at a later time. Thanks.

Sincerely,

John Thielking