[GPSCC-chat] 100% Gene Expression Is The Next Disaster On The GMO Front

John Thielking peacemovies at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 20:03:21 PDT 2014

I hope people get the significance of the difference (mathematically)
between how much a particular gene is likely to proliferate in the wild
with 50% expression per generation vs 100% expression per generation. In
the case of 50% expression it is even possible that undesireable GMO traits
will die out within a few generations due to natural selection and
dilution. With the 100% expression method, there is no more dilution and
the process of natural selection may not be as effective any longer. The
difference is exponential, increasing by a factor of 2 every generation,
until 10 years (10 generations) later you have 2 to the 10th power (1024
x) bigger a problem to deal with when 100% expression happens than with 50%
expression. I hope people get that and also realize that if this new method
becomes standardized for creating gmos it means game over for Organics.

John Thielking