[GPSCC-chat] tabling opportunity

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 21 16:52:29 PDT 2014

    Here is the program for the Working Women 9 to 5 org event

/Date:/  Saturday, September 13, 2014

/Time:/  10:00am - 3:00pm

/Place:/ 2302 Zanker Road, Great Room, 2nd Floor,
          San Jose, CA

We are excited to announce that Santa Clara County Supervisor Cindy Chavez
will be joining us as our keynote speaker. Ms. Chavez is a force for
change in
San Jose, championing working women's issues and an end to wage theft, and
we are honored to have her join the 9to5 California Conference.

/Panels and trainings:/

    * *Wage Theft*
      Ruth Silver Taube, Workers Rights Attorney,
      Katherine and George Alexander Community Law Center

    * *Living Wages*
      Elly Matsumura, Working Partnerships USA

    * *Making the Election Connection*
      Jessica Bartolow, Western Center on Law and Poverty

    * *Promoting Workplace Flexibility*
      Ana B. Fortez, US DOL Women's Bureau

$25 for a table, $50 for a table and a banner on the wall.

I atteended two years  ago, got hooked and worked on one
of their projects for several months.  The final result was a bill
in the state legislature that did not make it out of committee.

However, these people, 9 to 5 Working Women, persist and
this year the corresponding bill made it out of committee.

Jim Doyle