[GPSCC-chat] Volunteers needed to get the best vote Aug. 30 on SB 52 to disclose the major contributors to campaign ads

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun Aug 24 12:09:45 PDT 2014

Hello, All:

        SB 52 is scheduled for a vote in the California Assembly this
Saturday, August 30.  SB 52 mandates disclosure of the identities of the
major contributors to campaign ads.

        I believe this deserves your support, because the financing of
political campaigns and investigative journalism are the primary
obstacles to improvement on almost any issue facing humanity today.

        You can help with this effort in four different ways:  First, if
you haven't already, contact your representative in the California
Assembly about this.

		    1.1.  If you don't know your representative in the Assembly, go to
"http://assembly.ca.gov", click on "Members", then "Find your Legislator
by your address".

		    1.2.  Coauthors in the Assembly are Fong, Alejo, Ammiano, Bonta,
Buchanan, Gatto, Gonzalez, Medina, Ting, Wieckowski, and Williams.  If
one of these represent you, thank them.  Otherwise, ask for their
position and express your support.  You can do that via phone or email.
  Information on how to do that should be on their web sites, which
should be included as a link in the response to "Find your Legislator",
as just described.

        The other three ways to support this are phone banking and using
Facebook and Twitter, as outlined in the email below from CAClean.org.

        Thanks,
        Spencer