[GPSCC-chat] take action against mass surveillance by the NSA.

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Feb 11 16:27:28 PST 2014

Hello, All:

       Below please find a request to call your Senators and
Eepresentative to oppose mass surveillance by the NSA.  The organizers
of this effort are asking for support for the USA Freedom Act (to reduce
mass surveillance) and for opposition to S.1631 (the FISA Improvement
Act to increase mass surveillance). Feinstein has made numerous
statements supporting increasing state secrecy and mass surveillance,
and a member of Boxer's staff said she has  not taken a position.

       This is the best organized effort of this kind I've seen: You can
get an email sent to two Senators and a Representative in less than a
minute and make phone calls in only a few minutes. Phone calls are
great, because they allow you to ask questions.

       It was organized in part by the Electronic Frontier Foundation
(EFF).  The system is not perfect:  It identifies a Representative for
you based on your zip code alone.  This works fine roughly 95% of the
time but failed for me.  (To find your representative, enter your zip
code in the box under "Find your representative" at "house.gov".)

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

p.s.  My position on this is summarized in "Restrict government secrecy
not data collection" (http://sanjosepeace.wordpress.com/).

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer