[GPSCC-chat] recruiting volunteers for Citizens' Advisory Commission on Elections & Greens County Council

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 17:34:01 PST 2014

Hi Spencer,

I would be willing to serve on the County Council, but only as a last resort, after we have taken serious steps to recruit minority candidates and women. Otherwise, I am afraid our County Council will dwindle further, from three to two, two to one, etc. until we are on the verge of disappearing - just at the very time the situation for the Green Party is getting riper than ever.

I also believe we should consider a suggestion made by Drew a while ago: to grow the Green Party in small local committees as we are attempting to do with some small success at De Anza. To have the main (tedious) business of the Party handled by the County Council in a separate meeting (open to any member). To have our monthly membership meeting be an educational or organizing event geared toward new members and prospective members, with films, lectures, or actions, and broadly publicized.

With all due respect, I am tired of long discussions about whether or not we should endorse a long list of projects, while in the meantime we are growing so small that people care less and less whether we endorse their activity or not.

Sandy