[GPSCC-chat] Fw: West Coast here we come!

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Mon Feb 17 18:48:40 PST 2014

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Lynn Huidekoper <lynn_huidekoper at hotmail.com>
To: hydroprose at sbcglobal.net; cdorshkind at comcast.net; asevans2002 at aol.com; cillar at mac.com; certifiedhypnotist at yahoo.com; joan at rujo.org; jeanpeer at sbcglobal.net; r.m.mckinney at sbcglobal.net; shruthibhuma at gmail.com; swathibhuma at gmail.com; brogregm at sbcglobal.net; carolineyacoub at att.net; mcbeattie at jps.net; bobnroz at gmail.com; gwhunt97 at comcast.net; kbock3 at sbcglobal.net; gmupandaway at gmail.com; marty1132 at aol.com; peacenut99 at yahoo.com; perrysandy at aol.com
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 11:17 AM
Subject: FW: West Coast here we come!

Should we try to get the HCM producers to visit the Peninsula around April 19 ?  It woul be a great way to educate about SP since many folks are coming out in support. I realize that this is Easter Sat. but the other CA. cities are also having their events that WEI could see if I can reserve a room at the MP library. They will be coming from S.Barbara so would need to factor that in.It would be great to get HCA, DFA, the Van Jones group whose name totally escapes me, and others to put this on. It's very easy to organize. Let me know if you think it's feasible.Lynn

________________________________
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:02:36 -0800From: bailey_hcasj at sbcglobal.netSubject: West Coast here we come! To:

Unfortunately, Stockton didn't get included.  Maybe we can support some of the viewings near us.  And it's really too late for us to get in full-gear mode to have a great event.  Carol

www.healthcaremovie.net
West Coast Here We Come!

IT's OFFICIAL! The Healthcare Movie is taking to the road again with the 2014 Drive for Universal Healthcare (DUH)!
When we produced The Healthcare Movie, we never thought it would go this far!  What we learned in making the film is apparently of great significance to activists who are scheduling screenings all over the United States. Why is the Canadian health care system so completely different than what we have in the U.S., when in the 1950’s they were essentially the same?  Why are Americans so critical of the Canadian system?  How does the Canadian system work, and what do Canadians think of it?  Why is the United States the only nation that lets insurance companies extract a profit from basic health coverage?  The Healthcare Movie is traveling America along with Sue Saltmarsh and the Drive for Universal Healthcare (http://app.expressemailmarketing.com/get.link?linkid=6450104&subscriberid=377931956&campaignid=1755229&linkurl=http%3a%2f%2fduh4all.org).  Last fall we toured the East Coast.
This time we are visiting the West Coast.  Click here to view our latest TRIP CALENDAR
Here is our itinerary as it stands today for screenings of The Healthcare Movie:
California:
UCSD La Jolla: April 11thSan Diego (to be confirmed): April 12th
Costa Mesa:  April 13th
UC Irvine:  April 14th
Claremont: Apri; 15th
Arcadia: April 16th
USC Los Angeles: April 17th
Santa Barbara (to be confirmed): April 18th
San Francisco (to be confirmed): April 20th
San Francisco: Rally 12:00 - 2:00 on steps of City Hall
Oakland: April 22nd
Chico: April 23rd
Sonoma (to be confirmed): April 24th
Sacramento: April 25th
Oregon:
Grant’s Pass (to be confirmed) April 27th
Medford (to be confirmed): April 28th
Portland: April 30th
Salem: May 1st
Washington:
Fox Island: May 2nd
Seattle (to be confirmed): May 3rd

HERE'S HOW YOU CAN HELP:

Visit the IT'S OUR HEALTHCARE CAMPAIGN and view a video from our East Coast Tour in September, 2013.

Host a Screening

Order a DVD of The Healthcare Movie

Filmmakers Terry Sterrenberg & Laurie Simons with DUH Founder Sue Saltmarsh                                                                                                                                                         _____________________________________________________________________________________________

NOW AVAILABLE IN SPANISH: The Healthcare Movie is now available with Spanish subtitles. Special price: $19.95Also available with ENGLISH subtitles for the hard of hearing. Special price: $19.95

 Sign the Petition!
While Obamacare regulates some injustices, it still puts insurance companies between
us and our healthcare.  We believe that no one should be allowed to profit from another person's suffering.
THERE IS A SOLUTION to the health care crisis in America that costs all of us less, covers everyone, and has better health outcomes. Tax-supported health care means everyone contributes by paying taxes based on their level of income, and everyone receives medical care whenever they need it.
Let’s bring an end to health care injustices, join the rest of the industrialized world, and take care of our people. Sign the petition HERE . If you have already signed it,  please forward it to other people you know!

© 2013 The Healthcare Movie
The Healthcare Movie, 8011 118th Ave NE, Kirkland, Washington 98033
Unsubscribe | Privacy policy